Author Topic: Competition #26  (Read 1577 times)

Aeroblyctos

  • Administrator
  • Xyrzious
  • *****
  • Posts: 3358
  • Location: Helsinki, Finland
    • View Profile
Competition #26
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:12:11 am »
Competition Idea

The idea of this competition is to create the final combat king.



Hints


- All the combat kings are passive.
- The final combat is gonna be medium level combat king.
- Combat kings have 5 levels.
- Search a fitting icon for it from here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons.php
 
Other combat kings are found in here:


Spoiler (hover to show)



Competition Rules

- The idea have to be yours.
- You can make unlimited amount of entries.
- I will have all the rights to edit the rules all the time(I will do it correctly and I will be fair for everyone).




Competition Prizes

The winner of this competition will have his or her name to Hall Of Fame and will be credited as "Competition Winners" and "Idea Giver". If you have one more than once you'll be credited automatically as "Great Idea Giver". Also any other ideas that I'll use will be credited as "Idea Giver".



Judging

I'm the only one who will judge the winner of the competition. I will judge all entries. The amount of entries you post will not decrease your chance to win in any way. However, if there are a lot of entries or horrible entries, I'll have the right to kick some of them away in order to make the final judge easier for me.

This is the order how I judge:

- Is the combat king unique enough from others?
- Is the combat king balanced compared to others?
- How well are the five levels done?
- Is the icon fitting?
- Is the presentation nice?




Deadline

The competition begins immediately and conclude 27.7.2011.



Final Words

Good luck, may the best idea win. If you have questions, ask. I'll use other nice ideas to items and abilities.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:46:43 pm by Aeroblyctos »

Social Buttons


EndlessPain

  • Phodom
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • You have the power to serve me Forever Phodom.
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:59:51 pm »
2 Ideas:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat King - Refresher

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to control their own colddowns. After casting a spell the reader will have a chance to refresh his other abilities colddown by X seconds. |nActivate: On casting. |nEach level increases the colddown refreshing by 1 second.

1*(CBlvl)

1:  1 second of refreshing
2:  2 seconds of refreshing
3:  3 seconds of refreshing
4.  4 seconds of refreshing
5.  5 seconds of refreshing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat King - Refresher

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to control their own colddowns. After casting a spell the reader will have a X% chance to fully refresh his other non ultimates abilities colddown . |nActivate: On casting. |nEach level increases the chance of refreshing by 4%.

4*(CBlvl)%

1:  4%
2:  8%
3:  12%
4.  16%
5.  20%

edit1: an icon that could go with that item
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnelementalspirit-199282/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26t%3D14
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:03:24 pm by EndlessPain »

Aeroblyctos

  • Administrator
  • Xyrzious
  • *****
  • Posts: 3358
  • Location: Helsinki, Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:01:03 am »
I so much wish I could actually do this but I can't. The only way is to reset all abilities cooldowns but that makes things bug.

It's an excellent idea but I can't reduce cooldowns this way. I cannot accept this. :(

EndlessPain

  • Phodom
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • You have the power to serve me Forever Phodom.
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:47 am »
Edit: about my last post yeah i kinda fell you couldn't do it but was worth the try saying it anyways ^^.

Combat King - Pain Killer

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to prevent pains from attacks. After being damaged a X ammount of times the next damage made to them will be completly nullified. |nActivate: On being damaged. |nEach level decrease the ammount of times damaged recieved by 1.

X= 8-(CBlvl)

1:  7 second of refreshing
2:  6 seconds of refreshing
3:  5 seconds of refreshing
4.  4 seconds of refreshing
5.  3 seconds of refreshing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat King - Pain Killer

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to prevent pains from attacks. After recieving X% o ammount of damage based on their max HP they will become invulnerable for 2 seconds. |nActivate: On being damaged. |nEach level decrease the ammount of times damaged recieved by 3%.

X= 75-(3*CBlvl)% of max HP

1.  72% of max HP
2.  69% of max HP
3.  66% of max HP
4.  63% of max HP
5.  60% of max HP

Icon that could go with this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btncrveer5-188214/?prev=c%3D47%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D3
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:49:55 am by EndlessPain »

Aeroblyctos

  • Administrator
  • Xyrzious
  • *****
  • Posts: 3358
  • Location: Helsinki, Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:53:22 pm »
Those are okay ideas, but I give you a hint: there are now two defensive and one offensive in medium category. Why don't you try with an offensive combat king?  ;)

EndlessPain

  • Phodom
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • You have the power to serve me Forever Phodom.
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:37:35 pm »
Those are okay ideas, but I give you a hint: there are now two defensive and one offensive in medium category. Why don't you try with an offensive combat king?  ;)

Seriously you SHOULD have said that from the start  >:(..., anyways my last idea:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat King - Vitality Attack

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to enhance your normal auto attacks with your own vitality. Every 5th auto attack you make will inflict extra damage based on X times your main atribute. |nActivate: Every 5th hit. |nEach level increase the times using your main atribute by 1,5.

X= (1,5*CBlvl)

1.  1,5 times your main atribute
2.  3,0 times your main atribute
3.  4,5 times your main atribute
4.  6,0 times your main atribute
5.  7,5 times your main atribute

Icon that could fit with this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnenhancebody-199283/
Edit2: Remade the extra damage idea for it being balanced to all Heroes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:36:30 pm by EndlessPain »

Aeroblyctos

  • Administrator
  • Xyrzious
  • *****
  • Posts: 3358
  • Location: Helsinki, Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:54:57 am »
More people to join this contest?

Tears

  • Diamaranh
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
  • Location: Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:52:39 am »
Chain Critical

After parry/evade an enemy's attack, you have x% to instant kill a creep or inflict a great amount of damage (maybe base on main attribute) to bosses. After finish that attack, if there are other enemies, you can continue killing them instantly by pressing a hotkey (if this is impossible to do, give this ability another y% to continue the chain critical, but make it balance). This chain can continue as long as there are still enemies left nearby.
- Tears -

jonhpath

  • Dart
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 02:35:28 pm »
Hope im not too late:

Words of prayer

This issue of Combat King will give the reader a chance of being healed and gain mana back when enemies land a critical on them.

Level 1:  20% chance of being healed of 20% of the damage into health and 5% into mana.
Level 2:  20% chance of being healed of 40% of the damage into health and 10% into mana.
Level 3:  30% chance of being healed of 40% of the damage into health and 10% into mana.
Level 4:  30% chance of being healed of 60% of the damage into health and 15% into mana.
Level 5:  40% chance of being healed of 60% of the damage into health and 15% into mana.

Witardo

  • Amaranth
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Location: Andalucia, Spain
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:17:51 pm »
I would say they pretty much need a balance, but well, here goes nothing:

Energization:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnenhancebody-199283
Whenever the hero cast a spell, there is a X% chance that your next attack deal extra damage.

Level 1: 10% of increaseing next attack damage by 25%.
Level 2: 10% of increaseing next attack damage by 50%.
Level 3: 15% of increaseing next attack damage by 75%.
Level 4: 15% of increaseing next attack damage by 100%.
Level 5: 20% of increaseing next attack damage by 150%.


Enrage:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnbloodeye-195431
The hero auto-attacks may cause him to enter in a Rage-state, increasing his attack speed.

Level 1: 3% chance to increase attack speed by 50%.
Level 2: 6% chance to increase attack speed by 50%.
Level 3: 9% chance to increase attack speed by 75%.
Level 4: 12% chance to increase attack speed by 75%.
Level 5: 15% chance to increase attack speed by 100%.


Not pretty sure about the next ones, also can't remember how much spell power you get from int (not even sure you really do):

Focus:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnbless-198239
Through intense knowledge about his own strenght, the hero can get even more power from his attributes (could remove everything except damage bonus).

Level 1: +0'5 damage pero main attribute point, +10 health per strenght point, +0'1 critical chance per agility point, +X spell power per intellect point.
Level 2: +0'5 damage pero main attribute point, +10 health per strenght point, +0'1 critical chance per agility point, +X spell power per intellect point.
Level 3: +1 damage pero main attribute point, +15 health per strenght point, +0'2 critical chance per agility point, +Y spell power per intellect point.
Level 4: +1 damage pero main attribute point, +15 health per strenght point, +0'2 critical chance per agility point, +Y spell power per intellect point.
Level 5: +1'5 damage pero main attribute point, +20 health per strenght point, +0'3 critical chance per agility point, +Z spell power per intellect point.


Retailation:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnpowerbarrier-198257
Whenever hero is atacked, there is a chance that he will strike back with a critical hit and stunning the atacker, however it may not occur more than once every few seconds.

Level 1: 3% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 3 seconds, may not activate more than once every 30 seconds.
Level 2: 6% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 3 seconds, may not activate more than once every 27 seconds.
Level 3: 9% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 4 seconds, may not activate more than once every 24 seconds.
Level 4: 12% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 4 seconds, may not activate more than once every 21 seconds.
Level 5: 15% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 5 seconds, may not activate more than once every 18 seconds.

Aeroblyctos

  • Administrator
  • Xyrzious
  • *****
  • Posts: 3358
  • Location: Helsinki, Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »
Okay, good, good, good. I'll judge tomorrow.

Aeroblyctos

  • Administrator
  • Xyrzious
  • *****
  • Posts: 3358
  • Location: Helsinki, Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Competition #26
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 07:37:01 pm »
Okay, so here are the results.

Combat King - Vitality Attack

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to enhance your normal auto attacks with your own vitality. Every 5th auto attack you make will inflict extra damage based on X times your main atribute. |nActivate: Every 5th hit. |nEach level increase the times using your main atribute by 1,5.

X= (1,5*CBlvl)

1.  1,5 times your main atribute
2.  3,0 times your main atribute
3.  4,5 times your main atribute
4.  6,0 times your main atribute
5.  7,5 times your main atribute

Icon that could fit with this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnenhancebody-199283/

Okay this is pretty basic idea that increases basic attack damage.

3/5

2 Ideas:

Combat King - Refresher

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to control their own colddowns. After casting a spell the reader will have a chance to refresh his other abilities colddown by X seconds. |nActivate: On casting. |nEach level increases the colddown refreshing by 1 second.

1*(CBlvl)

1:  1 second of refreshing
2:  2 seconds of refreshing
3:  3 seconds of refreshing
4.  4 seconds of refreshing
5.  5 seconds of refreshing

Can't do, good idea.

2/5

Combat King - Refresher

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to control their own colddowns. After casting a spell the reader will have a X% chance to fully refresh his other non ultimates abilities colddown . |nActivate: On casting. |nEach level increases the chance of refreshing by 4%.

4*(CBlvl)%

1:  4%
2:  8%
3:  12%
4.  16%
5.  20%

edit1: an icon that could go with that item
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnelementalspirit-199282/?prev=d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26t%3D14

Can't do, good idea.

2/5

Combat King - Pain Killer

This issue of Combat King will teach the reader how to prevent pains from attacks. After being damaged a X ammount of times the next damage made to them will be completly nullified. |nActivate: On being damaged. |nEach level decrease the ammount of times damaged recieved by 1.

X= 8-(CBlvl)

1:  7 second of refreshing
2:  6 seconds of refreshing
3:  5 seconds of refreshing
4.  4 seconds of refreshing
5.  3 seconds of refreshing

I got a similar combat king already: Parry. It's good idea however. I could add this somewhere...

3/5


Chain Critical

After parry/evade an enemy's attack, you have x% to instant kill a creep or inflict a great amount of damage (maybe base on main attribute) to bosses. After finish that attack, if there are other enemies, you can continue killing them instantly by pressing a hotkey (if this is impossible to do, give this ability another y% to continue the chain critical, but make it balance). This chain can continue as long as there are still enemies left nearby.

It's a little bit complicated and I can't detect if actually character have evaded an attack. I could however add somekind of "massacre" kill to Fradz that kills instantly many units but hmm.

2,5 / 5

Words of prayer

This issue of Combat King will give the reader a chance of being healed and gain mana back when enemies land a critical on them.

Level 1:  20% chance of being healed of 20% of the damage into health and 5% into mana.
Level 2:  20% chance of being healed of 40% of the damage into health and 10% into mana.
Level 3:  30% chance of being healed of 40% of the damage into health and 10% into mana.
Level 4:  30% chance of being healed of 60% of the damage into health and 15% into mana.
Level 5:  40% chance of being healed of 60% of the damage into health and 15% into mana.

I can't detect when critical damages are received plus 10% of enemies have critical strikes.


Quote from: Witardo
Focus:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnbless-198239
Through intense knowledge about his own strenght, the hero can get even more power from his attributes (could remove everything except damage bonus).

Level 1: +0'5 damage pero main attribute point, +10 health per strenght point, +0'1 critical chance per agility point, +X spell power per intellect point.
Level 2: +0'5 damage pero main attribute point, +10 health per strenght point, +0'1 critical chance per agility point, +X spell power per intellect point.
Level 3: +1 damage pero main attribute point, +15 health per strenght point, +0'2 critical chance per agility point, +Y spell power per intellect point.
Level 4: +1 damage pero main attribute point, +15 health per strenght point, +0'2 critical chance per agility point, +Y spell power per intellect point.
Level 5: +1'5 damage pero main attribute point, +20 health per strenght point, +0'3 critical chance per agility point, +Z spell power per intellect point.

Can't do this. It's a good idea however. :(

2/5

Quote from: Witardo
Retailation:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnpowerbarrier-198257
Whenever hero is atacked, there is a chance that he will strike back with a critical hit and stunning the atacker, however it may not occur more than once every few seconds.

Level 1: 3% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 3 seconds, may not activate more than once every 30 seconds.
Level 2: 6% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 3 seconds, may not activate more than once every 27 seconds.
Level 3: 9% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 4 seconds, may not activate more than once every 24 seconds.
Level 4: 12% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 4 seconds, may not activate more than once every 21 seconds.
Level 5: 15% chance to retailate, making next attack a critical hit and stunning target for 5 seconds, may not activate more than once every 18 seconds.

This is very similar to conter attack. I feel like I'm not gonna make a combat king from this but I could add this as Phodom's ability.

3/5

Quote from: Witardo
Energization:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnenhancebody-199283
Whenever the hero cast a spell, there is a X% chance that your next attack deal extra damage.

Level 1: 10% of increaseing next attack damage by 25%.
Level 2: 10% of increaseing next attack damage by 50%.
Level 3: 15% of increaseing next attack damage by 75%.
Level 4: 15% of increaseing next attack damage by 100%.
Level 5: 20% of increaseing next attack damage by 150%.

This is a unique idea but I feel like it's missing something. I put this down and maybe... Just maybe.

2,5/5

Quote from: Witardo
Enrage:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnbloodeye-195431
The hero auto-attacks may cause him to enter in a Rage-state, increasing his attack speed.

Level 1: 3% chance to increase attack speed by 50%.
Level 2: 6% chance to increase attack speed by 50%.
Level 3: 9% chance to increase attack speed by 75%.
Level 4: 12% chance to increase attack speed by 75%.
Level 5: 15% chance to increase attack speed by 100%.

This idea is pretty basic yet I haven't done this used this idea. Hmm, actually now that I think more I should put this kind of idea somewhere. Now I know! I'm gonna add something like for Galeoth's special abilities!

3/5



I chose EndlessPain's, modified a little. However I wonn't let him win because I modified the combat king too much! Here's the result:

Spoiler (hover to show)


So... I think the simpliest idea wins this time... Even if I'm not gonna make ita combat king. HAH! But I liked the idea so much that next time when I'm doing abilities it's gonna be there!

So the winner is.... Enrage by Witardo!

Hahaa, my superb judging skills once again have been proven to be ****. Well whatever here are the combat kings:

Spoiler (hover to show)